Thursday, December 16, 2004

 

Rip-off Dublin

Figures released today show prices are higher in the capital city than in the rest of the country for two thirds of products.
Apparently the price of alcohol in pubs was consistently greater-the average price of a pint of lager in Dublin is 13.2% greater.

As a Dub I have spoken to tourists who have come to visit and the prices of this country were a major issue with them and who can blame them?
I myself not too long ago went into a shop to buy myself a snack bar and was shocked to hear the cashier charge me 90 cents for it!What's worse is that I actually forked over the cash(I was hungry).

I think from now on they should start selling t-shirts saying,"My friend went to Dublin and all he could afford was this lousy t-shirt".


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.