Friday, December 24, 2004

 

Zeppelin Rule!

I see today that Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven has been named the best rock song of all time in a survey today.The survey was carried out by radio station Planet Rock and Zeppelin's song,which they never released as a single,polled 70% of the vote.
Led Zeppelin had two other entries in the top 10-Whole Lotta Love was number six and Rock and Roll was 8.

I must say I agree with the outcome as I am a big fan of Stairway to Heaven.I also like Led Zeppelin and I'm surprised Kashmir didn't get into the top 10.Other songs by them I like are Over The Hills And Far Away and When The Levee Breaks.
What really annoys me though is the absence of Voodoo Child from the list!Surely that should have been top 5?What a song!It shows the genius of Jimi Hendrix.
Here's the top 10 list according to the survey:

1.Led Zeppelin-Stairway to Heaven
2.Lynryd Skynyrd-Freebird
3.Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody
4.Deep Purple-Smoke on the Water
5.Black Sabbath-Paranoid
6.Led Zeppelin-Whole Lotta Love
7.The Eagles-Hotel California
8.Led Zeppelin-Rock and Roll
9.AC/DC-Highway to Hell
10.Jimi Hendrix Experience-All Along The WatchTower

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.