Saturday, January 29, 2005

 

Capital of United Ireland-Belfast?

If I may return to issues of Irish nationalism,I know that some nationalists have advocated that in the event of a United Ireland,the capital city should become Belfast.
I wonder how many nationalists would accept this?Would such a gesture prove useful in encouraging unionists to vote for a United Ireland?
Would such a gesture infuriate Irish people,particularly Dubliners,and encourage them to vote against the idea of a United Ireland?

Personally,I am of the opinion that Dublin would have to be the capital of a United Ireland although I'm probably biased in having that view since I'm a Dubliner!

What are your own opinions on Belfast being the capital of a United Ireland?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.