Friday, February 11, 2005

 

Keane Sets Retirement Date

The living legend that is Roy Keane has declared he will quit football when his current contract with Manchester United expires in 18 months.
This season Keane has been magnificent and has played respected players like Steven Gerrard and Patrick Vieira off the park as he relentlessly tracks down Chelski.
Today,Keane had this to say:

"I feel good-my hip feels good,my left knee was a bit sore but overall I am not too bad.Mentally I am enjoying my football.

"But when I signed my current contract I believed it would be my last playing contract and I still believe that to be the case."

It is hard to picture Manchester United without Keane involved.He is adored down at Old Trafford(more than he is by the Irish fans,unfortunately) and he will go down as one of the all-time greats.His match against Juventus in the Champions League semi-final(which he himself doesn't rate too highly) was,in my view and the view of others such as Sir Alex,a world class performance and one of his greatest ever.
Keane will be missed when he hangs up his boots but hopefully he can steer Ireland to the World Cup in Germany in 2006 and it would be great if he could collect a medal at international level to add to his already impressive collection.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.