Thursday, April 07, 2005

 

Keep Hope Alive?

I must say I find the positive reactions to Mr Adams' speech yesterday afternoon to be very surprising. Today the Irish Examiner said that:

"EVERYBODY should warmly welcome the statement issued by Gerry Adams yesterday in which he effectively called on members of the IRA to have the courage to disband."

Today, Gerry Adams...oops I mean the IRA leadership stated that they would "give due consideration" and "respond in due course". I must say I fail to see what all the fuss is about. We've heard all this before and nothing has come of it.

How can we the Irish people be expected to believe that the IRA will ever have the courage to disband when they dont even have the courage to share information about the men who murdered an innocent nationalist in a Belfast pub?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.