Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Fun Irelander Feature-Female Bloggers

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of female bloggers? In Ireland, female blogs, or ladyblogs as I like to call them, are few and far between and there seems to be a real lack of female posters on blogs I happpen to visit.

On United Irelander over the last week I'm pretty sure I had only one female visitor and that was Emma from Canada. As I look back further, the only other female visitor I can recall visitng this blog is the only female Irish blogger I know of - Caoimhe from
The Blog and I.

So why is this? Where are all the women? Surely they can't all be off making the tea? I really don't understand it. Why has blogging become a guy thing? I would love for some survey to be done but I'm going to guess that 70 to 80 per cent of Irish blogs are run by men. I wouldn't be surprised if it's slightly more. What's the cause of this?

Of course there are some things women can't do, for example, participate in ground combat, become priests, play sports well, but surely blogging is something that they could and should be doing along with men?

Anybody got any ideas as to why there is such a lack of female bloggers? It has me perplexed. On a final note, I would say to any female visitors that I am not actually misogynist and any seemingly sexist comments made above should be taken with good humour, but who am I kidding? What female visitors?!


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.