Tuesday, July 26, 2005

 

Top Ten Tuesday - The usual drinks

I seem to be making a habit of talking about alcohol on United Irelander. I'm not an alcoholic I swear! I have been thinking though about the drinks I usually have when I'm out drinking and I thought I'd make a list. So without further ado:

1. Guinness - I usually have the sterotypical Irish drink when I'm out for a quiet pint with my friends. I like Guinness but I hate the aftertaste the next morning.
2. Miller - I'm not fond of Miller but I find myself drinking it quite often. Alot of people I know love this drink. I can't say I share their love but I like the fact there is little aftertaste from it.
3. Carlsberg - I don't really like this drink. Despite that though I end up drinking it regularly!
4. Budweiser - Like Carlsberg, this is another drink I have alot but don't really like.
5. Smithwicks - I do enjoy a pint of Smithwicks but my friends do not which makes it difficult for me to have it when I'm out. I think it's nice but it's not a patch on Guinness.
6. Bulmers - I like Bulmers but, as with Smithwicks, I don't get it as often as I'd like.
7. Jack Daniels and Coke - This is my drink of choice when I'm at a club, function or party.
8. Vodka and dash (with lime) - Gorgeous. Again, similar to my number 7 choice.

9. Heineken - I don't tend to drink Heineken any more on account of me realising it tastes like piss.
10. Water - I should drink water when I'm out but I don't have that much sense.

So there you have it. Feel free to comment on my choices or to offer your own. Also, feel free to advise me on some drinks which you think I should make part of my drinking habits. (OK that does make me sound like an alcoholic)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.