Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Fun Irelander Feature - The little things

I love little things!'It's the little things that count' as the saying goes. So very true! We live in a very materialistic world right now and it can be quite a depressing place most of the time but it's the little things that happen which restore your faith in the world and make life worth living.

I know I'm coming across like Daniel O'Donnell right now what with all this positive malarky but I'm feeling cheerful and as any Irishman knows, cheerfulness is to be embraced as it ain't likely to last long.

I've been thinking about the little things in life that make life great and I thought I'd make a post about them since the weekend is almost upon us! So without further ado...

- Hearing a song you like that you haven't heard in a while.

- Lying in bed all snug and cosy while it's pissing rain outside.

- Finding money in a pocket that you didn't know was there. (Good one)

- Getting a smile from a good looking woman. (Doesn't happen as often as I'd like)

- Running for the bus and making it just in time.

- When a car stops to let you walk across the road

- When your dog is all excited to see you.

- Performing a chivalrous deed for someone.

- Waking up all disappointed that you have to go to work before you realise it's actually Saturday (Great one)


That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Anyone got any others? Let's hear 'em!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.