Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Legal advice sought

Some of you who read United Irelander may have become aware of serious defamatory claims that have been made against me on two sites.

The posts I am referring to can be read both here and here.

I'd like to thank those who have so far emailed me expressing their concerns about these posts and I can tell you that I am currently getting legal advice in regard to these posts.

According to Irish defamation laws:

"Defamation occurs where a false statement is published about a person which tends to lower that person in the eyes of right-thinking members of society. Defamation is a generic term – slander is defamation in a transient form, while libel is defamation in written or permanent (or equivalent) form.

"Defamatory statements include accusations of professional incompetence, or of unethical, illegal or immoral behaviour."

It does seem to me that defamatory allegations have been made about me in the two posts highlighted above.

I welcome anyone with a legal background to proffer advice on the best way to handle this matter.

Thanks again for your support.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.