Wednesday, March 21, 2007

 

Today in History - Dana wins Eurovision

You'll be delighted to learn that it was on this day, March 21st, 1970, that Dana won Ireland the Eurovision for the very first time with "All Kinds of Everything". You can check it out below...



Personally I don't like it. I think we have had better ones than that. You can see footage of Dana's win below. I love how excited the Irish presenter is, "Our own Dana has won the Eurovision song contest! Oh isn't this marvellous?"



We went on to win it another 6 times and still remain the country to have won it the most times. Will we win it for an 8th time? Well here's our entry for this year. What do you think?



I'm thinking NO. Clearly we have gone down the "diddly-eye" route this year. I think the outcome is a song that tries way too hard. Also that singer hurts my ears with her constant wailing. We probably would have been better off going with something along the lines of this...




We can't top that.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.